In HEDCO, ultimate care for health, safety and the environment is integrated. It is a normal practice in HEDCO that economical considerations are always balanced with HSE arguments.
It goes without saying that HEDCO policy in relation to health, safety and the environment (HSE) is the subject of constant and intense attention in the HEDCO corporate board, as well as design, sales and services. Our reputation is closely linked to our ability to generate sustainable and profitable development under conditions in which care for the individual, equipment and the environment.
To this end, HEDCO has established “OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System,” and “ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System”.
Our statement of general policy is:
– Giving priority to health, safety and environment in any organizational activities and pursue the goal of no harm to people
– Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
Complying with applicable international, national and local health, safety and environmental legal requirements
– Identifying and controlling the occupational health and safety risks
– Progressive reductions in potentially harmful risks to levels below legal requirements
– Evaluation and control of environmental aspects, while trying to optimize the patterns for energy and natural resources consumption, also, trying to make use of non-polluting technologies
Establishing mutually beneficial supplier relationship with respect to occupational health, safety and environmental issues
– Establishing an infrastructure to ensure that interested parties, including contractors, are kept regularly informed regarding HSE matters and can discuss or acquire information relevant to current issues which are related to HSE. Also to make sure that raised questions will receive appropriate action
– Goal-setting and monitoring the HSE performance and continuous improvement of all our activities, products, processes and services which is an integral part of our day-to-day business and management process
– Allocating human resources, organizational infrastructure, technology and financial resources to guaranty the optimum HSE performance
– Providing a procedure for the management of change in the issues which are associated with Health, Safety & Environment
– Matching technological innovations with constant improvements in Health, Safety & Environment
In HEDCO we strongly believe that HSE is an investment, not a cost!